- Script development (synopsis, treatment or script required – selected projects are mentored by an appointed member of the script development division)
- Project development (financial support given for occurring preproduction costs)
- Production (support is given for Hungarian live-action- , animation- and documentary features primarily intended for cinema release; a detailed budget and complete script is required for application) Other types of applications include
- Support for special projects (applications not related to either script- or project development or production)
- Marketing and distribution Producers may apply for distribution support in Hungary for completed Hungarian films and co-productions with Hungarian participation. The support is refundable from the distribution revenue. Distributors may apply for distribution support in Hungary for films that received production support from the Film Fund. This support is non-refundable.
There is no separate call for minority co-productions, but all projects are encouraged to apply with a Hungarian co-producer onboard. Foreign projects are only eligible to apply for support through Hungarian production companies registered with the National Film Office (NFO); foreign companies should conclude coproduction or service agreements with a Hungarian registered company.